Thursday, April 11, 2013

Jodi Arias on Twitter

...likely more to come...this post is updated with more information as it becomes available...

[update May 16, 2013]

Jodi's Twitter account went back up at some point but I don't know when it happened. The first tweet after May 8 is dated May 13. She currently has 63,423 followers.

I thought Twitter had taken it down, but I guess not.

>> Jodi Arias Tweets After She’s Found Eligible For Death Penalty by Christopher Rogers at HollywoodLife.com

>> She’s Tweeting Again! Jodi Arias Posts Message About ‘Gods Love’ After Jury Finds Her Eligible For Death Penalty by Neil J. Woulfe at Radar Online

May 14:
>> What was Jodi Arias' first tweet after the verdict? by Amanda Sloane at HLN


[update May 8, 2013]

Jodi's Twitter account was suspended at about 9:30pm EST tonight, May 8, 2013. She had just over 60,000 followers when I happened to check it just a few minutes before the suspension.

[update May 6, 2013]

I have since "unfollowed" Jodi's account a few weeks ago and didn't feel the need to announce it as I still don't think it is that important but now have seen her "re-tweeted" and can only imagine the "twitter" punishment those people must be getting.

Donald Trump has sent her "tweets" in recent days and she is now up to 40,000+ followers.


[update April 24, 2013]

Video from HLN published on April 11th. Jean Casarez interviews Donavan Bering about how she runs the Jodi Arias twitter account:




[update April 15, 2013]

>> Prosecutor Demands Jodi Arias Stop Tweeting From Jail! by Alexis Tereszcuk, Radar Online

Video below should start to play at about 0:55:00 when Juan Martinez, in his arguments against another defense motion for mistrial, mentions that he has learned about Jodi Arias tweeting during the trial and wanted to bring it to the attention of the court. He suggests to the judge that the court prohibit Jodi from tweeting.

The judge points out that Jodi's tweeting or any other behavior would come under the authority of the sheriff, which I believe is @RealSheriffJoe Sheriff of Maricopa County Arizona and his office.


>> Jodi Arias trial videos from @croakerqueen


[update: April 15, 2013]

I noticed that David Lohr (@David_Lohr) at the Huffington Post had recently "unfollowed" the Jodi twitter account and so I tweeted him (see below) to ask about the controversy. He didn't appear to understand it either. Maybe I should just let it go?




[update: April 14, 2013]

Twitter controversy

There is some controversy on twitter regarding those who are "following" the Jodi twitter account. I would like to attempt to clarify my own position on this, which at 140 characters per tweet would involve a lot of "tweeting". I don't want to annoy any of my own followers who may not be interested in the subject, not to mention further publicize the Jodi Arias account on the service itself as I am not trying to promote anyone or anything.

I do follow the Jodi account out of curiousity but it has been suggested that by "following" it that I am supporting Jodi Arias in some way.  I don't feel that this, or any twitter "follow" suggests that I support, like, respect or even care about any person or entity that I "follow" on Twitter.  I "follow" a lot of accounts just out of this same curiousity and I don't expect that people who choose to "follow" me necessarily like or support me either, only that they might be curious to see what I tweet about.

It has also been suggested that "following" this account is a sign of disrespect to Travis Alexander and his family. I can't imagine that the Alexander family really gives much thought to the number of "followers" Jodi may or may not have at any given moment.  They shouldn't care about that and neither do I.

It is also perfectly fine if people choose to "unfollow" me on Twitter because of this or any other reason and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

If you are really concerned about the Jodi twitter account then I would try to contact Twitter and ask them to remove it, which I think some are already trying to do. Criticizing the "followers" of the account seems like a waste of time. If I can find some articles on this controversy then I will add them to this post in the future and if you can share any please send them my way.

If you think I'm missing something or if you care to discuss anything about this topic you can comment below or send me an email at chrisbr40@yahoo.com if the 140 character limit of twitter isn't enough for you, or you can try me there too at @chrisbr40.


[original post from April 11, 2013]


You can read more about how Jodi is able to tweet during the trial from this account: @Jodiannarias by reading the articles below:

>> Jodi Arias Tweeting From Jail Through Friend by RYAN OWENS and ANTHONY CASTELLANO, ABC News

>> Jodi Arias operating Twitter page from jail with outside help by Troy Hayden, FOX 10 News

No comments:

Post a Comment